Sunday 16 September 2012

The Day Was Also Raining


Today when I left home for my office there was a hint of rain though the weather have been playing   smart with the people who wants nothing but some water drops to fall from the Haven and relief their   soul for one week or so,,,, everyday while looking at the sky we hope that today God may shower his   kindness on us but every time the Hope-balloon got deflated. So today I didn’t even try to wear  rain-coat or carry an umbrella, and as if Indra-Dev (The God of Rain) was waiting a chance to irritate  me. Half way down It started holding my nerves I was getting wet, soon I found a shelter under a  ceiling of a shop there were few others as well. Though, I was too conscious to care about them. I was  rather busy trying to dry myself up with the help of handkerchief after finishing the job. I looked around  and a feeble and neurotic looking woman grabbed my attention it added fuel to fire and my  irritation increased. I was feeling uncomfortable being beside her and she was also smelling awkwardly  but it just lasted for a moment because meanwhile I was reminded of an incident by some unknown  force which helped me forget all the uneasiness.,,,,,,,, A kind of utopia I began to experience reliving the  day that was also raining :-
It was my school days and I was an innocent student. My school was 3 or 4 km away from my place and I used to travel by publicly shared auto and the one side fare used to be 2 rupees those days and my mom used to give me 5 rupees, means A Rupees a day used to be my pocket money éclair used to be the favorite thing to spend on (haha… One day while I was waiting for the auto while going back home after finishing up with school for that particular day, It started raining heavily it was December and the cold was on its loftiest point, rain made it more worst I was shivering so I rushed into a tea shop near the auto-stand for the shelter many other did the same, it took only few blink of eyes and the shop was fully packed. Shopkeeper thanked God as it got him some business. Soon I spotted a neurotic woman who was trying to get in but the shop-owner didn’t like her audacity, how could she dare claim any kindness from practical people?, she was no different to the “Street-Dogs”, she was born to be kicked away by everyone and every now and then.
But I was a foolish  child, I felt bad for her I wanted take stand for her but a feeble child I was! She was  shameless or optimistic I couldn’t find out but she was checking every individual someone  may help her except me as she was intelligent enough to understand a kid can’t help her,  she just wanted a cup of tea so that she can get some sip and a much required heat but  why should any of the normal people care?…let her die it’s her fate. Wasn’t it?
           I was watching all the action suddenly I headed to the counter and asked “how much  for a cup of tea”? 2 rupees was the answer and I had three my face cheered up I gave 2  rupee coin to shopkeeper and asked him to serve tea to her everyone who could hear my  rubbish talk was astonished, shopkeeper gave me smirk and said “I can’t pour in my cup  for her you fool”. I was about to broke into tears how can anyone behave that cruel, but  helping her had become the question of life and death for me that time. God injected a kind  of intelligence in me that very moment I asked for a disposal cup which also was not  available at his shop but in nearby shop it was. I went there and back with the cup finally I  could got tea in her hand. And to my surprise, this act of mine caused the heat-melt of the   shopkeeper as his innersole made him give her a packet of biscuit, her eyes lighten up and   it was a relief for me. It was still raining and I have to go home but without fare. I walked   on my feet it took me half an hour and I reached home all wet even my school bag and stuff  inside were fully drenched. My mom burst out of anger to see me like that but after being   listened the whole incident. She loved me like never before that day she told me “God   reside inside of all human beings and a true human is one who let him come out at times.”  I  could not understand that much of philosophy that time but I was happy as I was also  gifted a watch by my father…….
           Meanwhile the rain stopped I was already  late so I rushed to catch the bus but the God  inside me come out again and made me buy a  packet of bread and milk for her. I handed it to  her. Her face lighten up today same as hers had  lightened up that day…..




this time it didn’t hurt me that much as today I earn enough but the feelings I earned both  the time are precious…..it is raining today and the day was also raining……
    Kindly let me know if God inside you felt like coming out after reading it,,,every comment  /feedback is appreciable…..

10 comments:

  1. I never knew you are a writer!
    Nice attempt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. dint i ever say- there are much to explore....
    and thanx for the motivating words Sir :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good one beo..keep writng n reading...
    http://collegediaryrelateurself.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanx Parnav Shree...and sure i will...

    ReplyDelete
  5. nice writing but tu itna dayawan to nahi lagta kahi se

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous thanx for the appreciation,,, but please write ur name so that i may get the reference of
    the above statement....

    ReplyDelete
  7. nice writing sir...with well execution....

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. nice writing sir n even wel executed.....

    ReplyDelete