Saturday 22 September 2012

NRI: NON RICH INDIANS


Today I am forced to remember the first day when I joined my present work place Lead Bank office Bank of Baroda vikas bhawan Rudrapur. After the introduction with my other staff members who were only 2 in numbers. Our sub-staff introduced me to "buwa ji", who was a per day worker at the office canteen, and said she will take care of you and she showered some blessings smiling, that's her nature though she is getting paid (under-paid) from the canteen alone but was very caring to all and satisfied to get what she is getting and you know the dirty world  all the people working that building who were more than 50 in numbers treated her as their personal servant, one day i couldn't stop myself asking her " Amma why do you work more than you required to get your salary? " God is watching my actions beta and i will get the reward as everyone gets according to their karma, she replied. I couldn't say anything but appreciated her optimism.
             About after a month i missed her presence, two-three more days passed then i was compelled to ask the canteen owner about her, He told me that she went to her village. I felt relived then I hardly thought about her again till today.
             She had come to my office today almost after a month when I had last inquired about her, she was looking anxious yet the politeness was maintained, I felt good to see her again. How’s everybody in your village Amma? I asked her and she reacted blank. I asked when you returned. from where? She replied with a question, you were out to visit your village na? Beta I was sold when I was 11 years old and I even I don't know which place I was born. I was confused, your master told me that, why did he lie then? I asked with the mist of anger in my tone. Hmm Swine he is, you know I worked there for more than 25 years but he is the owner he needs profit and because now I have grown feeble so can't satisfy his expectation so he threw me out and he must have been trying to hide his cruelty.
            I felt sad for her, so what are you doing nowadays? what can I do, have applied for 'old age pension scheme', 2400 bucks I will get every six month I will try to fend me with it and if I die out of food who cares? I could see tears in her eyes and it did transferred to mine, but all I could do for her was a hundred rupee note that she took hesitantly when I offered very earnestly. She showered many blessings on me and said “beta! How much money we earn or live a luxurious life, we will only remain human and god has made all same, his verdict is never manipulated by richness or poverty.” I kept watching her going out, unmoved and thinking, where the fucking development is?  Damn! I can't help her. Damn! Nobody gives a fuck about it. But I cannot be sitting hand on hands. I wanna do my bit to make the world a better place to live? What about you?
         
  I think we can initiate a change, and for this I am trying to draw your attention hoping you are intelligent enough to think and do your bit to change it,, or these NRI (non rich Indians) should be thrown out of the earth(should die due to ignorance) so that they cannot touch our emotions. How they dare to do that!
I fear…… The God is watching our actions!




No comments:

Post a Comment